Instructions to format an APA paper in Word 2016:
- APA format requires certain font formatting. To begin, open a document that is new Word and work out sure the house tab is selected. Within the Font Group, s et your font to Times New Roman, size 12 pt.
- Next, while in the Home tab, try to find the Paragraph group, and then click from the bottom right hand arrow. As soon as the Paragraph dialog box appears, replace the settings to Double line spacing and make certain to set the before and after spacing to 0pt. Close the window.
- To start out setting up your title page, pick the Center paragraph alignment found in the Paragraph group when you look at the Home tab.
- Now type the title of the paper,and hit Enter from the keyboard to maneuver towards the line that is next. Next, type your name, hit Enter on the keyboard again buy essays, and type “NWTC” (or “Northeast Wisconsin Technical College”) all entries should really be on separate lines.
- The title page information should be farther down the page. Position the insertion point/cursor before the start of title. Press Enter several times to position the writing in the third that is top of page. It ought not to be any lower than halfway down the page.
- To start the second page, position the insertion point/cursor at the conclusion of the phrase “College” (or after “NWTC”). Go through the Insert tab and find all pages and posts group, then Page Break. Click on thePage Break button to move to your line that is first of 2. Then, type the title of one’s essay and press Enter.
- To set up the sentence that is first of essay, get back to the Paragraph group from the Home tab, and set the written text to left-align.
- Press Tab once (in the keyboard) to indent the paragraph that is first and begin typing.
- You may be now ready to set the header up. Scroll back up to the top the document, and double-click anywhere in the area that is blank the top of the page. This will open the header. Moreover it selects the style tab for your needs. Turn to the Options group, then check the First Page” that is“Different box. Try this before you type anything within the header.
To include your page numbers, click the Design tab
- Then find the Page Number option, choose “Top of Page”, and then choose “Plain Number 1”. (in the event that you simply type a number, that number will soon be on each page.)
- Now, type the writing “Running head:” and also the title of your essay. Make sure to put the title associated with the essay in ALL CAPS, nor capitalize “head”.
- Press the Tab key twice to maneuver the page number up to the right margin. (HINT: In headers and footers, the tab key moves to three position, left justified, center justified, and right justified)
- Now, scroll down and soon you begin to see the header space for page 2. Insert the page number with the exact same process as in steps 9, 10, and 11 above. The sole difference is that these pages will not require the language “Running head.” Just type the title of one’s essay in most CAPS.
- You have now finished setting up your document in APA format. Double-click anywhere within the main body of the document to close the header view (or click on the Close Header and Footer button). Go to page 2 to continue typing your essay. We strongly recommend that at this true point you “Save As” your paper to preserve all of the formatting just done.
- When you have completed your paper, it is important to include a page that is separate the end for your References.