Hello. This is my first time posting here. I recently had a pelvic ultrasound for some irregular bleeding, itching and lower abdominal cramps. (The bleeding and itching occurred in December.) I have a follow-up with my regular gynecologist next week, but after speaking with a nurse in the office, I do know at this point that the ultrasound showed irregular thickening of the lining of the cervix & 2 fibroids. The fibroids I’m not too worried about yet because I know a bit about them, and I know they’re common and usually aren’t an issue, at least not right away. It’s the “irregular thickening of the cervix” that concerns me. My Googling hasn’t yielded any specific information. Now this may very will be due to perimenopause (I’m 42) or hell, maybe I’m actually going through menopause (I wouldn’t know yet as I’m on the Pill and would need the FSH test) earlier than my mother (she was in her 50s). But I’m worried it may be due to something worse. I’m trying not to freak out, but it’s difficult. Any folk out there have experience with this problem?
Top Posts & Pages
- Can physical trauma cause you to miss a period?
- Strange discharge after treating YI
- Dripping Discharge
- Camrese vs. Amethia (generics of Seasonique)
- Microgestin 1.5/30 vs Junel 1.5/30
- Foul smelling menstrual blood: normal?
- Cervical Bleeding After Bowel Movement
- Re-Posting from Too Much Info!! Could really use some advice!
- Bleeding after orgasm?